Our Christian rehab program clients have an exceptional opportunity to be part of Celebrate Recovery®, a Christ centered ministry for those in recovery at the nearby Saddleback Church. Founded upon the New Testament principal that when we are faced with burdensome trials and tribulations like addiction, we must work closely with, share and recover from our burdens with others. In this light, Celebrate Recovery® meetings are built upon the teachings of Jesus Christ and help people move through their trials be it addiction to drugs and alcohol, unhealthy behavioral patterns or past traumas.
In the light of Jesus, Celebrate Recovery® groups that come together in fellowship can realize and channel God’s healing power and begin to celebrate freedom from what they are working to overcome. This is made possible through eight recovery principals that initiate a profound spiritual experience:
- Realize I’m not God; I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and that my life is unmanageable.
- Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him and that He has the power to help me recover.
- Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ’s care and control.
- Openly examine and confess my faults to myself, to God, and to someone I trust.
- Voluntarily submit to any and all changes God wants to make in my life and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects.
- Evaluate all my relationships. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm I’ve done to others when possible, except when to do so would harm them or others.
- Reserve a time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will.
- Yield myself to God to be used to bring this Good News to others, both by my example and my words.
Some in early recovery may have difficulty grasping the meaning of these words for their lives. Through our Christian rehab program and Celebrate Recovery® meetings, a greater understanding of these words are acquired. The principals and their practical applications to one’s own life are realized through a special curriculum which incorporates the Bible and Celebrate Recovery® guides and lesson plans.
So far, already 70,000 people have gone through the Celebrate Recovery® program and curriculum. This has been made possible by churches scattered throughout the US adopting the Celebrate Recovery® program. This exhibits the power of sharing God’s word and being in communion with God and fellowship with others who are facing similar challenges like addiction to drugs and alcohol. To give this extraordinary experience to the clients at our Christian rehab program we bring them to Saddleback Church for Celebrate Recovery’s gender specific recovery meetings that are held in small group settings.
The meetings offer client’s the opportunity to share similar experiences with others and realize they are not alone in their challenge to overcome what is holding them back from realizing God’s full potential for their lives. This fosters fellowship and accountability among clients, which leads to spiritual maturity.
Although we can’t change the past or control what happens to us, we can move forward using Christ’s power and respond to situations with love, acceptance and spiritual maturity – and Celebrate Recovery® does just that! This is just one of the exceptional program components of our Christian rehab program that bring clients closer to realizing and incorporating the loving power of Jesus in their lives. Recovery helps us live the way God has intended us to live and that is a reason to celebrate recovery!